Conserve Water and Save The Future.
1. Check pipes, toilets, meters, and faucets for water leaks.
2. Take shorter showers.
3. Turn off the faucet when brushing your teeth.
4. Insulate your water pipes.
5. Don't use your toilet as a waste basket.
For your yard:
1. Use drought tolerant plants.
2. Water plants during the early hours of the day.
3. Choose drip irrigation as a great water conservation tool.
4.. Check with your water district to make sure you are watering on the correct specified days and following their guidelines.
Taking small steps will contribute to a not only a Western issue but a global one. Taking the time to be mindful of water waste reduces the chances of water shortages and increases our chance for survival.